You can control music by scrolling down on and clicking "play" on the right hand side-bar pause button on the lower right (side-bar)



Sunday, August 21, 2011

An August Afternoon

We had a lovely afternoon today, perfectly fitting for a Sunday. I was able to get the house picked up before the kids were up this morning, so that was taken care of - otherwise, if it's a mess, I can't seem to relax on Sunday. Adam had the wonderful idea yesterday of making "pizza sandwiches," because he had stumbled across his sandwich cookers, or whatever they are called. So, when we got home from church, he built a fire outside, and we took out a tray of buttered bread, leftover spaghetti sauce, pepperoni, and grated cheese, and he cooked all our sandwiches over the fire. Yum! It was a perfect afternoon to be outside. We had watermelon and s'mores for dessert, and slush for drink, so it was a real treat all around. Afterward, Luke, Adam and I took naps, and the girls played quietly. It was, truly, a restful day - and much needed. Now, the girls are begging for supper and I'm not even hungry. I guess I'll go make nacho chips w/ melted cheese for supper. Keeping life simple, especially since Adam has already left for work.

No comments: