You can control music by scrolling down on and clicking "play" on the right hand side-bar pause button on the lower right (side-bar)



Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Goodbye 2011

It is amazing sometimes to reflect on how life has changed, sometimes quickly, sometimes slowly, but always - change. I was just looking at the pictures on my blog page, and realized how little of what used to be still looks the same. My sweet little girls are growing up so fast - and losing their innocent sweetness at the same time, I might add. Those attitudes develop so quickly once they realize they are their own little person, and trying to "train them up in rightousness" is far more than just a full-time job. It can tax a mom's (and a dad's) soul to the very core on so many days. Being vigilant is hard to do when there is so much to divert one's attention and energy - and just in the way of regular chores, not to mention hobbies (who has time for those anymore, right?)!

I was also looking at all the pictures of my canaries - now all gone - and find it hard to believe that I ever had room for them and their cages in the first place. With going from two children to five children within the space of 12 months, I am learning quickly what we can do without, and of course, the birds had to go. I need the space for babies, not pets!

I am finding more and more that I need frequent "refreshers" for my vision as a mom, not to mention wife. Most days I am in survival mode only, and that never bodes well for how I handle all the kids' issues, arguments, and attitudes. It takes more strength and discipline than I ever realized to navigate each day with an actual plan and peaceful, positive attitude, rather than just be pulled along by whatever happens. I have absolutely no idea how I am going to survive, much less thrive, spiritually and emotionally, over the next year, but I want so much to do better than just coast along in survival mode. That, frankly, is going to take a miracle.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Christina. Oh my, your post is so true. Jeffrey and I are kind of there with you. We're tired of just letting life happen (coasting along). So we're trying to be more intentional this year. But I here ya! It's going to take an absolute miracle. We're praying for that miracle. It can happen. Our Lord is made strong in our weeknesses. May God gird you with strength and make your way perfect. May you be encouraged in the days ahead as you prepare for God to expand your territory. May you find sweet rest (especially for the weary days that come). We love you!