Several years ago, I had an "epiphany" moment when I realized that all babies are born knowing how to cry; but they must learn how to laugh. How true this holds to all of us for all of life! Frankly, I'm still learning how to laugh. Some days it is easier than others, I admit, but hey; life with lots of Littles is sometimes so crammed with the unexpected twists and turns that most days I'm caught at least once not knowing if I'm coming or going (I've even had to resort to smelling the laundry I'm carrying to determine if I am Coming or Going from the laundry room a time or two). People tell me all the time that I must be busy(!) and I tell them that yes, I am, but also having a blast. Life with three babies is not only intense, it is FUN! The work load may be three times as much as one baby, but so is the laughter!
That being said, I still have my moments. Finding milk dumped, spread, finger-swiped, fist-splashed all over the kitchen counter just 5 minutes after I told someone (who remains unnamed) to watch the milk cup........yeah. Anyway, I do get a huge kick out of watching the three boys, already starting to team up in their Triple Trouble antics. Like when I found Luke dumping Lincoln Logs all over the floor while the twins watched, fascinated; and then, for the grand finale, he swished his hands wildly through the pile several times, scattering them even further for extra good measure. This is still mild stuff, of course, considering they are still just 11 and 21 months of age. Knowing the competitive nature of boys, I can just imagine what lies in store in another year or two when they all three attempt to out-do one another in much greater and more adventurous escapades......my prayer is that I'll still be learning to laugh (even if much later, and behind closed doors)!
No comments:
Post a Comment