You can control music by scrolling down on and clicking "play" on the right hand side-bar pause button on the lower right (side-bar)



Saturday, May 29, 2010

chaos before order

For someone who always seems to have a reputation for being "organized," I am amazed at just how DISorganized my house can be at times. On a more positive outlook - I like rearranging and moving things around because it forces me to clean and organize thoroughly every time. Sometimes I don't know what I'd do with a bigger house! We're moving beds downstairs for the summer. After 2 years of suffering through the heat and humidity upstairs (though last year wasn't that bad), I've reached my limit. So the office is being redistributed throughout the house, and the bed(s) come down into the office, which is not only on the east side of house (which makes a huge difference in an old house with no AC), but also has a ceiling fan! I'll feel like a rich woman! Not to mention, sleeping on the same floor as the bathroom. Simple luxuries! The girls will get to pull their youth mattresses out to the living room at night, and store them under our bed during the day. Everything else will have to stay upstairs.

But of course, all this means that the house is unusually chaotic right now, and with sick kids still recovering, things have been interesting. Since it is spring, I have my typically ambitious list of projects to complete - while my energy holds out - so we'll see how far I get! The big things are almost complete, except for finish the paint on doors for the kitchen cabinets, and doing "something" with the back porch....And then, of course, there are still wedding clothes to shop for or sew before July. THAT is my "dreaded" project, though I'm trying to stay optimistic about it!

No comments: