You can control music by scrolling down on and clicking "play" on the right hand side-bar pause button on the lower right (side-bar)
Tuesday, April 19, 2011
Beans, The Cheapest Protein
I failed to mention that I made refried beans from the Set for Life book. NO side effects whatsoever! I did not puree a whole onion as the recipe said; I used dehydrated onion. Also, I did an over night soak, which helps eliminate gas (as well as simply eating more beans, more often). We made the 7-layer dip for supper last night. I do love using beans when I cook; they are a truly wholesome, nutricious food that are packed with flavor. I made the refried beans and froze them a few days ago; something I should do more often, so I have them on hand. I'm hoping to even make my own hummus soon (made with pureed garbanzo beans) - even Adam likes it, and it is a great way to get him to eat more raw veggies. I do love my Canadian relatives and the few new foods they've introduced me to!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment